Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recall

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: recall

Hi Bubbles19671

It’s understandable you feel worried about the change your breast doctor noticed at your appointment, and the recall letter since.

Following surgery for breast cancer, a number of benign conditions (not cancer) changes can occur within the breast, including those associated with scars and healing of the breast tissue.  These may mean that your mammogram looks different, but does not automatically mean that any change they can see is a worrying one.

If necessary, your team will assess you in a similar way to before at your breast clinic appointment

You may find it helpful to post in a different area of the forum where others have had similar experiences and are able to provide support.

Do also call our Helpline if you would like to talk through how you are feeling with a member of our team or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

recall

Hi everyone im a little frightned. I had brest cancer 3 years ago and it was both hormone positive i had 2 operations a diflap and then again to remove more cancerous tissue and chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I was at an appointment 4 days ago, my breast doctor said she felt the same breast more prominent. I had a mammogram and 4 days later i got another letter to back and see her im a bit anxious as not sure what to expect can anyone offer advice.

Many thanks