Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toe nails

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: toe nails

Hi Carol-Ann

Thanks for your post.

No question is silly and probably the reason you can’t find a definitive answer to your question is because there is no hard and fast rule about what to do in this situation. The main things are to reduce discomfort and protect the nail bed while the new nail grows through, and, to try and reduce the chance of infection.

You may want to discuss this with your practice nurse or GP.  They may be able to advise what dressings may provide good protection or alternatively, you can ask about being referred to a chiropodist/podiatrist.

Here at Breast Cancer Care we offer a range of free supportive services that you might be interested in. This includes face to face support at a number of locations throughout the country.

To discuss anything further or, for more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free Helpline.

The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Heidi

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

toe nails

Good afternoon,

This may seem silly but I cant seem to find an answer to my question.

Its been roughly 10 weeks post chemo and my nails have started falling off.  My fingernails are being pushed off by new nails growing underneath, which is fine,  but both my big toenails have fell off, with no new nail growth.  Its uncomfortable to walk.  Should I be covering up my toes or just leaving it.  I dont know what to do for the best.

Many thanks

Carol-Ann xx