Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird rash

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: weird rash

Hi pastasmissus

Thanks for your post.

It’s not possible for us to say what’s causing the rash on the left side of your body, but it’s reassuring to hear that it has previously settled down after a week.

There are many possible causes of skin rashes and if you feel unwell you could call a local GP or the NHS 111 line.

As you are currently away it might be an idea to take photos of the rash so that you can show your team when you return.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Anne

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

weird rash

I had 2 mastectomys 2 years ago and a left ANC (Cancer both breasts). Since then I've had 4 discrete episodes where the skin on my left arm felt tight, and has then come out in a rash the next day. It's discrete and blotchy, no scaling, not particularly raised, and it spreads up and down the arm over the next few days. The last 2 episodes I've had a day of feeling quite viral when the rash came out (but no temp). I'm currently having my 4th episode and the rash has now spread onto the left half of my body front and back.

One previous episode I was scanned and I don't have an axillary DVT. It's not cellulitis and it's not urticarial.

After about a week it all settles down then I'm fine for several months. I don't have any lymphoedema in that arm. My breast team were baffled when I described it to them.

Do you have any ideas? (I would go and show them, but am away on holiday)