Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast cancer

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Breast cancer

Hi Lacey123

Thanks for posting.

It’s understandable to worry about getting your results after your operation.

It’s not clear from your post what operation you have had and why your results may be delayed.  Most people are usually seen within one to two weeks of their surgery to discuss their results.  

It may be helpful to contact your breast care nurse (if you have one) or treatment team to discuss your concerns. They may be able to let you why your results may be delayed.

We offer a range of free supportive services that you might be interested in, including talking to someone who has had a similar experience.  Our Someone Like Me service can arrange for one of our volunteers to talk to you by email or telephone. Our volunteers have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support.

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0345 077 1893 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org,so they can then match you to your volunteer. You may also find this link helpful whilst you are waiting for your results.  

You mention that the next step is to have radiotherapy, you may find it helpful to read our radiotherapy booklet.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Lacey123

Breast cancer

I am still waiting for my biopsy results after having my operation I should be getting them tomorrow or I have to wait anoth week I am just wanting to get them out of the way and I am getting very worried about it plus my next step will be having radiotherapy