Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona virus

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Corona virus

Hello susan422

Thanks for posting. It’s not a stupid question and its natural to want to know how to avoid coronavirus and how to reduce the risk of spreading it.

The stay at home advice for those who do have symptoms is to try and keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly older people or those with long-term health conditions. This can be difficult if someone has caring responsibilities.

I wonder if Ellie could contact her chemo team and ask for advice given her individual situation. Also the following advice from the NHS  will help protect you and others.

There is also information in the One Cancer Voice advice to people with cancer.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good that you have a back up plan.

Highlighted

she lives with her dad and me and will stay with her sister in an emergency.  She’s very supportive.  It’s really worrying.

Highlighted
Community Champion

I don't think the nurses will be able to respond to you until Monday - it's a really stressful time isn't it if you have vulnerabilities or are caring for people who do .Could your step daughter manage without you for a week or would she need support ?If not may be worth speaking to your local social services department about what emergency support could be put in if needed .Do you have other relatives that could support her if you were ill ? Best to have a plan of action in advance - hopefully you won't need it 🤞🤞🤞

Highlighted

Corona virus

Hello, I am new this forum so please accept my Spencer’s apologies if this has been asked before.

my stepdaughter, who has special needs has just started chemo.  My question is if her father or I start showing symptoms of corona virus, what do we do?  We obviously can’t stay in the house with Ellie, but we can’t land ourselves on relatives either, as that wouldn’t be fair.

im sorry if this is a stupid question, but we are taking precautions over and above normal but it is very scary x