Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effects of cancer on the rest of the body

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Effects of cancer on the rest of the body

Hi Cabransa

Thanks for posting.

The symptoms you are describing don’t sound as though they would be linked specifically to breast cancer itself.

Surgery for any type of breast cancer can have some side effects.  However, these will depend on how long ago the surgery took place.  The symptoms you mention are not commonly seen following the surgery you have had. 

As you don’t tell us much about yourself or your situation, it sounds as though it would be helpful for you to call our Helpline to talk this through further. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Currently our opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm, and we are closed on Saturdays.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Effects of cancer on the rest of the body

Hi

I’m just wondering......

I had a lumpectomy for PCLIS (which my surgeon said was definitely cancer) and, fortunately, everything was cleared without the need for further treatment - an unexpected surprise, as I was told to expect radiotherapy.

However, since the operation, I have been thrust back into quite dramatic hot flushes at times, I have sore, red skin on the backs of my hands and I get a fair amount of aching in my upper arm.

Can cancer have side effects even if radiotherapy, chemotherapy nor drug treatment are needed?

Thanks

Carol