Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Anxious

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Feeling Anxious

Dear shirleyemm

Thanks for posting.

Having investigations for a breast problem can be a worrying and stressful time.

It’s good that you’ve already seen how supportive other forum users are and as suggested by Catokitty, it may be a good idea to have someone  with you when you go for your appointment to get your results. That way you can be sure there is someone there for support,should you need it. They may also think of questions that hadn’t occurred to you and remember things you may forget. It may be useful to take a notepad and pen to write down any information you want to remember later.

You may find it helpful to read our information in our Your breast clinic appointment booklet before you return on Thursday. You will not know for definite what the outcome of your tests will be, until your pathology report comes back. This section of our Forums might be partiuclaty useful if you wanted to post there as well

Here at Breast Cancer Care we can talk you through any treatment that might be suggested for you or support you in other ways.Once you know your results or at any other time,do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Good Friday, Friday 19 April and Easter Monday, Monday 22 April.

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Marretje

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Hi Catokitty

Thank you for your message, I just wish Thursday was here and I knew what was happening.

I think if you know what you are facing it helps you to cope, Its the waiting for results that makes you 

anxious, I will let you know how my appointment goes

take care

Shirley

Hi I hope the Nurses don't mind me coming in but I wanted to say that I was told by the radiologist after mammograms and ultrasound that she was pretty sure it was cancer.  She showed me the images on the computer screen and explained why the appearance was so suspicious.   She then did the biopsies.  I was shaken of course but I think waiting another week for the result of the biopsies to confirm it would have been even worse in terms of anxiety levels.  She did say to me that breast cancer is very common and very treatable and I held on to that throughout my treatment and it was a source of comfort.  I was terrified of the treatment but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.   Would you be able to take someone with you to your next appointment as it is really useful to have someone to listen to what the doctors are saying.  All the very best to you x

Hi - will be thinking of you on Thursday.

best wishes Mel

@shirleyemm wrote:

Hi Everyone I am new to this but pleased I found the site and to see how supportive everyone is.

I am 73 and was recalled after my last ever mammogram. I went to the breast assessment clinic and had another 2 mammograms then saw the Consultant Radiologist who showed me and told me that I had 2 suspicious areas one they would watch but the other one was probably cancer I had a core biopsy and 2 makers put in then had 2 more mammograms I get my results on Thursday, I keep thinking did I hear her right, has anyone else been told by the radiologist, I had brain surgery in 2013 to remove a tumour (benign) I thought nothing compared to that but I am really stressed out, I am not scared its the treatment that I keep thinking about. thanks for listening

Oh goodness....my poor IT skills demonstrated below! Oh well....I can’t be good at everything! 😂

I will be thinking of you and with you all the way on Thursday. Try not to get too anxious...just remember all this may be totally innocent. And if not.....hey

@shirleyemm wrote:

Thank You Elaine & JJ for your kind replies.

The irony of it was it was going to be my last mammogram ever unless I requested one.

my sister died from BC when she was 49 but back in 1986 the treatments were

nowhere near what they are today. 

I have always checked my breasts after I found a lump years ago I had it removed luckily

it was a benign tumour. I never felt this one at all so it came as a total surprise.

I will let you know how things go on Thursday, once again thanks again for your support 

Shirley

we will all be withyou along the way. Whatever the outcome you will be ok......honestly! Try to sleep or if you can’t just get some peaceful rest. We have all been where you are now.....one step at at time

hugs

JJ

Thank You Elaine & JJ for your kind replies.

The irony of it was it was going to be my last mammogram ever unless I requested one.

my sister died from BC when she was 49 but back in 1986 the treatments were

nowhere near what they are today. 

I have always checked my breasts after I found a lump years ago I had it removed luckily

it was a benign tumour. I never felt this one at all so it came as a total surprise.

I will let you know how things go on Thursday, once again thanks again for your support 

Shirley

Hi  shirleyemm

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open from 9am tomorrow if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

I was also recalled after a routine mammogram. At Breast Assessment Unit the Radiologist did an ultrasound then took fine needle aspiration from a lymph node and a biopsy of a lump he had seen. Said I would have to wait 7 days for results but after a bit of persuasion told me it was likely to be cancer. This was confirmed 7 days stage 2 ductal and lobular ER and PR positive HER negative cancer. 

Day Case lumpectomy of 23mm tumour, clear margins and no lymph nodes involvement thank goodness. Just completed 15 sessions radiotherapy and started on Arimidex.

so here I am 4 months to the day from that first visit to Breast Assessment Clinic. What a whirlwind.....can still hardly believe it. I know not everyone is as fortunate as me....I hope you will be. Whatever the outcome there are marvellous people on this forum who you will be able to relate to and who will help you through. Good luck for Thursday. Let us know how it goes. Don’t despair or feel alone and as my gran always said ‘don’t meet your troubles half way’ Hoping for the best for you.

JJ

Highlighted

Feeling Anxious

Hi Everyone I am new to this but pleased I found the site and to see how supportive everyone is.

I am 73 and was recalled after my last ever mammogram. I went to the breast assessment clinic and had another 2 mammograms then saw the Consultant Radiologist who showed me and told me that I had 2 suspicious areas one they would watch but the other one was probably cancer I had a core biopsy and 2 makers put in then had 2 more mammograms I get my results on Thursday, I keep thinking did I hear her right, has anyone else been told by the radiologist, I had brain surgery in 2013 to remove a tumour (benign) I thought nothing compared to that but I am really stressed out, I am not scared its the treatment that I keep thinking about. thanks for listening