Mastectomy cushion

Hi

I wondered if anyone could recommend a mastectomy cushion - there are quite a few on Amazon, but I just thought it would be better to get a recommendation on here. 

Thanks

Kathryn

Hello k_123 

Thank you for your post. 

A mastectomy cushion or pillow can help with comfort and support following breast surgery and, as you say, there are many different ones to choose from. 

Some people choose to use the pillows and cushions they have at home already, but others find that using specially made mastectomy pillows to support the wound can help reduce pain or discomfort following breast surgery. 

You could ask you breast nurse if they advise any specific type of pillow and where to get it from as they may know of a local service. Choosing a pillow, you feel is right for you in shape, design and colour according to your personal preference may be a good idea also. 

Talking to someone who has had a similar experience can be helpful and our Someone Like Me service can match you with a trained volunteer who’s had a similar experience to you. They’ll be a phone call or email away to answer your questions, offer support or simply listen. 

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0114 263 6490 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org, so they can then match you to your volunteer.  

We are currently evaluating this service and would appreciate your feedback. Please click here to the survey. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.  

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.  

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.  

We are closed Monday the 29th May for the bank holiday. 

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes 

Stephanie 

Breast Care Nurse 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.