Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT Meetings

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: MDT Meetings

Hello Pye

Thanks for posting. This sounds like a very difficult time.

As jaybro says you can contact your breast care nurse, if you have one. The breast care nurse is your key contact and can represent your views at the MDT meeting. Consent for treatment needs to be given and you should have the opportunity to discuss any treatment they are recommending.

It might help to call us to talk this through. We often find we can help people more by speaking to them on the phone. And we can let  you more about the range of services we offer that might help you feel more supported

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Highlighted

Re: MDT Meetings

Hi Pyewacket

It’s awful feeling you’re not being listened to. I’ve just had to consult ‘my team’ about side effects after treatment and I was specific about who I wanted to talk to, my current oncologist not being a listener (very nice but solution-focused and more concerned with finding a test and a treatment).

What I wanted to say is that your treatment will be determined by your data in an MDT so there is no question that a ditherer might determine what decisions are made. Obviously, your data will change as your treatment progresses and, unless you are with a tiny hospital, you will move on from your surgeon. They just (?) do the first bit. Also, your written consent is required for treatment throughout so again there’s no chance of your having surgery you don’t want.

I hope this helps a bit. This is a very anxious time and you want to be heard, but it’s important to have confidence in your team too and that sounds lacking right now. If you have been assigned to a breast-care nurse, maybe this is the time to ring her?  Xx

Highlighted

MDT Meetings

Hello,

I'm concerned that my surgeon has no idea who I am or what my wishes are (contradictory letters, have we met? remind me again...?). 

As he's the only member of the the MDT I've met then logically it appears that he is the only person representing my views at the meetings deciding me fate. 

I know patients aren't present at these meetings, but is there any other option or approach available to me to so that I can feel my views have been accurately represented at the MDT?

Thank you,

Pye