Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmares

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Nightmares

Hello scared75

Thanks for posting, it sounds like a very difficult time.

Being diagnosed with breast cancer can cause a range of different emotions including panic and anxiety. Its good to see your GP was so helpful.

Zopiclone and diazepam can be addictive but can also be very helpful in the short term. Both can cause nightmares or night errors. These can also occur when someone is going through a particularly anxious or stressful time so it’s not unusual for this to happen. Our information about sleep may help.

It might help to get some more support. You can call our free and confidential Helpline on 0808 800 6000 to talk all this through. There is a section of our Forums which is for those who have just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Also, with our Someone Like Me service we can put you in touch with one of our trained volunteers who has had a personal experience of breast cancer. A form of talking therapy may also help.

Getting the right support at this time and through treatment is key and can really make a difference to how someone may feel.

As I say do give us a call to chat things through. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Nightmares

Good morning. 

I was was diagnosed with breast cancer last Monday, still waiting for biopsy results to determine type/stage/grade etc. I was an emotional mess Monday/Tuesday and spoke to my GP. She was amazing, spent half an hour on the phone talking me through what she knew. She prescribed me a low dose of diazepam and zopiclone to get me through the next few weeks. I used the zopiclone for three nights and slept well. Knowing they are very addictive I drank camomile tea from late afternoon yesterday and as I had a panic attack, I took 2 diazepam (2mg) a few hours before bed. I fell asleep quickly but had night terrors all night. I had night terrors the night I was told about the breast cancer. Is this normal?