Oncotest

Hello 

Can anyone give me an idea please what to expect?

pre surgery I was grade 1 , had mastectomy with reconstruction. I’m 43 years old. They sent for oncotype test. My lymph nodes were clear and all cancer removed but grade jumped to 2 after surgery. Tumour was 3.8 cm . How likely that oncotest will say I need chemo?

thank you

Hello,

I had an Oncotype test of which the result said chemo would benefit me by less than 1% instead I had tamoxifen and ovarian suppression injections. I had 3 tumours, grade 3, oestrogen positive 8/8. I think it’s hard to know what your result will be as the test does look at your specific tumour amongst other things. However I’m sending you lots of positive vibes and really hope you get a favourable Oncotype result. Xx

Hello Brigitta

Thanks for posting.

You have seen Hope123’s reply which explains it’s hard to know what your Oncotype DX result will be as the test looks at the specific details of your tumour. The test looks at groups of genes found in breast cancer and gives a score, known as a recurrence score, from 0 to 100.  Your treatment team will use the score, along with other information about your breast cancer, to help decide whether chemotherapy would benefit you.

Hopefully you won’t have to wait long for the result. 

In the meantime, you may be interested in the range of free services we offer. Our younger women information and support events might be of particular interest.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form . Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.