Oxybutynin hydrochloride

Hello

I have been on Letrozole for 5 years following mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy in 2017/2018. I still have a lot of side effects including hot flushes and have now been offered the above drug as a way to control them. I have to take Letrozole for another 5 years as I’m medium risk. Any thoughts or experience with this new drug. Many thanks 

Hello Alice

Thank you for posting.

Hot flushes are the most commonly reported menopausal symptom due to breast cancer treatment and many women contact us describing the difficulties they are experiencing with them.

We know that there are different things that help with hot flushes. You have been offered oxybutynin hydrochloride and this is a drug that can help to reduce the number and intensity of hot flushes. Like any drug, oxybutynin hydrochloride can cause side effects. Everyone reacts differently to drugs and some people have more side effects than others.

It might also help to connect with other women who may have experienced something similar. You can post your question in this section of our Forum or seek support through our Someone Like Me service.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form . Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Grete

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.