Scar changed colour

Hello ,

I am 4 months post op mammoplasty and SNB . I then had 5 days of radiotherapy a month later . My wound healed well and I had minimal radiotherapy damage . The last 2 weeks the scarring around my nipple has become more pink , it is not painful. I have continued to cream it daily . I also have some soreness where they removed 1 node. I am wondering if it is usual for the scar to change 4 months later and if soreness is normal ? I am wondering if it a result of continued healing or something else . Should I be contacting my team ? . Any advice would be appreciated. 
many thanks x

Dear Horselover,

So pleased you have come to the forum, we have all been there and now we are here for you,

Reading your post you are doing very well, healing takes time however you sound concerned, if this was me I would contact my breast care team for reassurance, they may offer you an appointment or advise always best to get check out.

Wishing you well, going forward with lots of health and happiness.

Well done for getting this far, brave lady……biggest hugs Tili :rainbow: :rainbow:

Hi horselover  

Thanks for posting. It can be difficult to know what to expect after treatment and what’s normal.   

After breast cancer surgery and radiotherapy it can take several months for the area to heal completely. It’s not unusual to notice changes to the scar and have some ongoing soreness 4months after your treatment. However as @Tili has suggested, it would be a good idea to contact your treatment team so you can be assessed.   .   

We offer a range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in.  They include face to face and online courses and events.  

For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free helpline.  

We are currently evaluating this service and would appreciate your feedback. Please click here to the survey. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.   

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.**  

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.   

We are closed Monday the 29th May for the bank holiday.  

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

Best wishes  

Carolyn   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.