Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seroma

4 REPLIES 4
Nurse_BCN

Re: Seroma

Hello Mermaid

It sounds as if you may have a seroma that developed over the weekend. I imagine you have contacted your breast care nurse by now, or perhaps left a message for her.

Sometimes the post op exercises may need adjusting if a seroma develops and your breast care nurse can advise you on this. Hopefully, the pain relief is helping.

As Michele mentioned our Helpline is open on a Saturday morning. And if you have any concerns, over the weekends or out of usual hours you can contact 111.

Many women who have surgery to the lymph nodes notice a range of different sensations under the arm including the tingling you describe. We have more information in our booklet  Your operation and recovery.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Here is information about our other services.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

HelenW_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Mermaid, 

Thank you for your post. I've forwarded your question to our team of nurses, and we'll come back to you as soon as possible. 

Best wishes,

Helen - BCN

Mermaid79

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately only just seen it but I will call my BCN Monday if things haven’t improved. I know it can last a while.

Many thanks 

Mermaid 

Optimisticmz

Hi Mermaid. I am sorry you are feeling discomfort after your axillary node clearance and yes I think what you describe is a seroma. I don't think the nurses will reply to your message until Monday but if you are quick and read this message you can give them a call (number at top of page). The nurses are available until 1pm on a Saturday. I am sure they will be able to reassure you and talk you through your options. Regards. Michele x

Mermaid79

Seroma

Hello, 

I have had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy which all went well and healed quickly. I’ve since had a full axillary node clearance due to a positive node. This was 10 days ago but for the last week I have had really bad swelling of the wound site which appears to be getting bigger and is starting to move round to my chest area. It is causing lot of discomfort but at the moment I’m managing with regular pain relief and to do my arm exercises but am worried in case it keeps increasing over the weekend. I’m aware that it is probably a seroma. My arm isn’t at all swollen which is good, just a tingly sensation in my inner arm. Just wondered if you had any advice before I can contact my breast care nurse Monday if it still hasn’t improved. 
Thank you