Solidex and radiotherapy

I have had a lumpectomy for breast cancer. I start radiotherapy on 6th feb for three weeks I have an appointment at GP to start soladex on 2nd December. Can I take soladex and have radiotherapy at the same time? I can start estramestene 2 weeks after starting soladex. 

Hi Justwant2bme 

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you on Monday.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today, and we are open between 9am and 1pm tomorrow (Saturday) if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Service Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Hi justwant2bme

Thanks for posting.

You explain you are starting three weeks of radiotherapy on the 6th February. You say you have a GP appointment to have Zoladex on 2nd December. As you ask if you can have Zoladex and radiotherapy at the same time we wonder if you mean your GP appointment is on the 2nd of February.

If so, it’s usually possible to have these treatments at the same time. You can also check this with your treatment team.

Here is our information about exemestane and you may be interested in the range of free services we offer.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. We often find we can help people more by speaking to them on the phone. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Thank you for contacting us. Please contact us again in the future if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Jane

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.