Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stage 3 advanced invasive carcinoma

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: Stage 3 advanced invasive carcinoma

Hi Shaz998 

Thanks for posting. 

It’s understandable you are worried about the aftermath of surgery particularly as you have a pre-existing heart condition and are at a higher risk of complications. 

When reviewing the results of all your tests your treatment team will have considered the risks and benefits of you having surgery, taking into consideration your heart condition. It sounds as if it would be helpful to have a further discussion about all of this with someone from your treatment team. If you contact your breast care nurse, she should be able to arrange this for you. 

Occasionally it is possible to treat breast cancer with hormone treatment on its own and this is sometimes recommended for people who are not able to have surgery. However, whilst this can control the cancer, it doesn’t get rid of the cancer altogether. Your treatment team can tell you more about this. 

You will see from Tili’s response that the Forums can be supportive. You may want to post on the surgery section of our Forums as well. We offer a range of other free supportive services that you might be interested in. 

You are also welcome to call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.   

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

We will be closed on Monday 29 August due to the bank holiday.  

Best wishes  

Val   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Tili

Re: Stage 3 advanced invasive carcinoma

Dear Shazz

So sorry to read your post, you have quite a journey ahead, I wish I could help with a positive reply, unfortunately I don’t know enough to advise you, however want you to know I’m thinking of you, wishing you well.

Take all the help and advise you can, one day at a time.

with love Tili 🌈🙏🌈🙏

Shazz998

Stage 3 advanced invasive carcinoma

hi I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer which has spread to the skin of the breast..I also have pre existing heart condition..I have been told my only option is a mastectomy and hormone treatment to which I've already started. I am worried about the aftermath of the surgery as I know I'm at higher risk of complications.. my consultant and my nurse haven't really told me much other that I could die from heart attack in the operating room..I have done alot of my own research into the risks that can come afterwards.. I know that this surgery can cause me major problems afterwards and that's what I'm worried about.. isn't there any other options for me without surgery?