Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen and joint pain

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Tamoxifen and joint pain

Hello Annie57

Thanks for your question.

Being in constant pain can be draining as you say and really impact on someone’s quality of life. There are different ways in which pain can be managed but it would be a good idea to have a chat with your oncologist again to find out what exactly is causing this pain.

If it’s the tamoxifen they may suggest different or additional pain relief or, if it’s possible, swapping to another form of hormone therapy.

The things you have tried like Pilates and acupuncture can help. Sometimes getting specific exercises from a physiotherapist can be useful so your doctor may refer you for a telephone consultation with a physio. Talking about and getting support with pain can also be helpful. Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

We have a range of other services you might be interested in

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Tamoxifen and joint pain

I am now 3 years post surgery / radiotherapy and have complete 2 out of 5 years of tamoxifen. Initially I had a lot of side effects - hot flushes, sleeping difficulties, joint pain in ankles and wrists ( particularly thumbs). I have been having auricular accupuncture as recommended by my OC which helps a lots with hot flushes and did help with joint pain until recently when it has got a lot worse. Take ibroprofen for pain but even that does not help sometimes and do Pilates three times week which has helped in the past.Feeling drained at the moment from being constantly in pain. Is there anything else I could try please.