cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throat infection

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Throat infection

Hi Clairbear85

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the delayed reply. You may have got help for your swollen throat by now hopefully.

If not, I’d encourage you to check with your GP or hospital team to make sure it’s ok to take antibiotics before you begin your treatment.

You’re welcome to check our services at Breast Cancer Care, which offer support for anyone affected by breast cancer.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please note our Helpline will be closed on Saturday 17 November for training purposes. 

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Throat infection

Hi Clairbear85,

Many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your throat, the best thing to do is to speak to your GP, breast care nurse or clinical team and they will be able to support you. 

If you have further concerns you can also speak to our nurses on our free Helpline, which reopens tomorrow morning at 9am: 0808 800 6000

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Claudia

Breast Cancer Care

Throat infection

Iv been recently diagnosed HER2 positive and haven’t started any treatment.. my throat has swollen up this evening, I’m trying to see doctor for antibiotics but wondered if it’s safe too?