Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my surgery happen?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Will my surgery happen?

Hi yolande55

Thanks for posting.

Waiting for confirmation of a diagnosis is a stressful time and this is added to by the unprecedented situation people find themselves in due to the coronavirus.  Like you, many people are very worried about what may happen about their treatment. 

The situation is changing day by day and you are not alone in worrying about delays to your treatment or treatment changes. Some people due to have hospital treatment for breast cancer might find their treatment is delayed. This could be to help minimise their risk of getting the coronavirus infection or as the NHS tries to cope with unprecedented demand.

Decisions about treatment will be based on an individual’s situation and will usually be discussed by the multidisciplinary team to determine overall risk, both in relation to breast cancer treatment and the coronavirus.

We are unable to say what plans are being put in place at your hospital but if your diagnosis is confirmed, your treatment team will discuss what they feel is the best treatment plan in order to expose you to the least risk.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Currently our opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm, and we are closed on Saturdays.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Will my surgery happen?

I am awaiting confirmation that I have primary cancer, detected after routine screening. I don’t know the exact details apart from fact that cancer is small (8mm), and nothing showing on a ultrasound of lymph nodes. I am scared that surgery will not happen, and that radiotherapy will be delayed. I live in North Yorkshire.