Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire guided excision biopsy

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Wire guided excision biopsy

Hi JaneyKay

Thanks for posting.

Having investigations for a breast problem can be a worrying and stressful time so it’s understandable that you’re feeling nervous about the wire guided biopsy.

t’s natural too to feel worried or frightened about breast cancer. Breast calcifications are quite common and most are due to benign (not cancer) changes. Occasionally microcalcifications can be an early sign of breast cancer which is why your treatment team wish to perform further tests.

You mentioned that you would like to talk to someone who has had the procedure. Our Someone Like Me service can arrange for one of our volunteers to talk to you by email or telephone. Our volunteers have had a personal experience of investigations for breast cancer and are trained to provide support.  You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0345 077 1893 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org,so they can then match you to your volunteer.   

I’d also encourage you to call our Helpline  to talk this through and ask any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.  The number is 0808 800 6000, Relay UK –prefix 18001.          

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Wendy

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

JaneyKay

Wire guided excision biopsy

Hello. I am booked to undergo a wire guided biopsy next week. 

I am getting rather nervous. 

I have calcifications and I'm still in a bit of shock about what all of this means. I am worried about the procedure and whether this means I highly likely to be because they suspect cancer. 

I am looking to talk to anyone who has also had this procedure please.