Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triple negative lobular breast cancer

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: triple negative lobular breast cancer

Hi jknows  

Thank you for your post.  

It is understandable you want to be sure that the chemotherapy drugs you are being given to treat your breast cancer are the best for you. Around 15% of all breast cancers are triple negative breast cancer   and there are different types (invasive ductal and invasive lobular) . 

Hospitals use national protocols and guidance to ensure people are offered the appropriate drug treatments. At the moment, different types (invasive ductal and lobular) of triple negative breast cancers are treated the same. It is usual to have a combination of treatment's including chemotherapy and in your case immunotherapy drugs  which stimulate your body's immune system to fight cancer cells.   

As you have concerns that the origin of the cancer is invasive lobular and wonder whether there are separate programs for women who have lobular triple negative breast cancer, you may find it helpful to speak to your treatment team or breast care nurse. They are best placed to answer your questions based on your individual circumstances.   

You may find the information here helpful and our chemotherapy monthly threads 

There is may also found YouTube video on triple negative breast cancer of interest   

Talking to someone who has had a similar experience can often be helpful. Our Someone Like Me service can match you with a trained volunteer who’s had a similar experience to you.  You can be in touch with your volunteer by phone or email for them to answer your questions, offer support or simply listen. 

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0114 263 6490 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org, so they can then match you to your volunteer.  

We offer a range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in.  They include face to face and online courses and events.   

For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free Helpline 

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. 

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back. 

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware our Helpline will be closed on Saturday 6 November for training purposes 

Best wishes 

Helen  

Breast Care Nurse 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

Nurse_BCN

Re: triple negative lobular breast cancer

Hi jknows 

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you on Tuesday.

In the meantime our helpline is open until 4pm today if you would like to talk things through. We are open tomorrow Saturday, 9am to 1pm, closed Monday 29 May due to the bank holiday. 

If you do phone our helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Service Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

jknows

triple negative lobular breast cancer

I was diagnosed with triple negative invasive lobular breast cancer in February 2023. I am currently being treated with immunotherapy and chemotherapy; next steps include AC + immunotherapy, surgery, radiation and follow-up immunotherapy.  As I have researched and better understood my cancer, I have become concerned that I am being treated with a triple negative invasive ductal breast cancer protocol. Wondering if this is typical or if there are separate programs for women like me who have lobular but triple negative breast cancer (I understand lobular breast cancer is typically hormone positive).

BTW: I tested negative for all breast cancer mutations including BRCA and CDH1.

Thanks for your response,

[FULL NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED]