Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT scan results

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: CT scan results

Hello anng 

Thank you for posting 

It sounds as if you are having a really difficult time following your recent CT scan. It’s good to hear that your pelvis, chest and abdomen are clear, and that a nodule on your lung isn’t concerning. 

Nearly everyone who has been treated for cancer worries about it coming back (recurrence) and you’re not alone in being anxious about this.  

As you say it’s difficult to say what the cause of the mass on your adrenal gland could be. Secondary breast cancer occurs when breast cancer cells spread from the primary (first) cancer in the breast to other parts of the body. This may happen through the lymphatic system or the blood. Although breast cancer can spread to the adrenal glands this is uncommon.  

As your GP has said you will need further investigations to find out what the mass on your adrenal gland is. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for these investigations   

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back. 

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes  

Carolyn 

Breast Care Nurse  

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

anng

CT scan results

Hello,

I was first diagnosed with grade 3 her2 positive bc back in 2011.  I had mastectomy, chemo and herceptin. 

Fast forward to September this year and I got Covid. During this time I had slight bleeding after not having a period for 18 months so was sent for an ultrasound although the GP was not overly concerned as I am 49 years old and this was not uncommon.  During this the nurse saw something on my right side close to liver so report sent to GP who then requested CT.

During the wait for that gynaecology saw me for more tests and checks and was happy that everything was good from their point of view,

Yesterday GP phoned to say there is a mass on my adrenal gland which requires further investigation given my history.  There is also a nodule on my lung but stated in the report they are not overly concerned re this.  My GP is amazing and is so helpful/approachable but I was in shock during call and didn’t expect the results so quickly as only had scan Friday. 

I know you can’t comment on individual cases without seeing and knowing everything but my question is re secondaries in the adrenal gland? Is that common as there is not much on the internet or could this be a reaction to the secondaries being elsewhere? My GP did say pelvis, chest and abdomen were all clear.

Many Thanks