Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned about having secondary tnbc to lungs

1 REPLY 1

Re: Concerned about having secondary tnbc to lungs

Hi Meadowsandroses

Thanks for your post.

Some people do decline treatment particularly if they have other health conditions and caring responsibilities.

It’s natural to wonder if your symptoms may be due to breast cancer spreading to the lung. A persistent cough and shortness of breath could indicate lung metasteses, but could be caused by other lung conditions as well. 

We always encourage people with a history of breast cancer to get any new or persistent symptoms checked out. You can speak to your GP or ask for referral back to your hospital team (if you’re no longer in touch with them), so that they can assess you properly.

At Breast Cancer Care, we offer a variety of services, which may support you now or in the future.

You’re also welcome to call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Good Friday, Friday 19 April and Easter Monday, Monday 22 April.

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Concerned about having secondary tnbc to lungs

Hi - I was diagnosed with tnbc in November, 2015.  Since I was in my sixties, I chose to have a lumpectomy only.  I refused chemo and radiation because I was caring for my 93-year-old mother at that time and because I had peripheral neuropathy, trochanteric bursitis, and a pinched nerve in my lower back.  I cwould not have been able to continue to care for my mother, and I could not see dragging myself to these treatments and suffering their side effects.  Size of lump was 25mm, grade 3, margins were clear, and no spread to lymph nodes.  It has now been a little over three years since my lumpectomy, and I have had a cough and SOB for three months.  I would like to know what the cough is like with metastasis to the lungs.  Thank you.