Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing diagnosis

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: Confusing diagnosis

Hello @Crazy_dog_lady  

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you have had a lot of new information since your original diagnosis of lobular breast cancer. 

It isn’t unusual when cancer is found in the lymph nodes to then have a CT scan to check the rest of the body to see if the breast cancer has spread. Having a bone scan after a CT scan allows the whole skeleton to be checked or, in your case, the particular areas that your CT scan had highlighted. The bone scan can then help to identify changes to the bone caused by injury, healing or disease such as cancer. As your results came back as ‘no active disease’ you may want to ask your treatment team what this means and what might have caused the highlighted area on the CT scan.  

You also mention that chemotherapy and radiotherapy have again been put back on the table. This may relate to the lymph nodes and surgical margins being positive, but your treatment team will be able to talk this through with you.  

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.  

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

Best wishes  

Rachel   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Jaybro

Re: Confusing diagnosis

Sorry - again didn’t spot it was Ask Our Nurses. Wishing you all the best xx

Crazy_dog_lady

Confusing diagnosis

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. As it was lobular I had an MRI and found it was in both breasts.

I had surgery (bilateral lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node removal). The margins were involved and nodes showed metastasis.

I then had a CT scan (contrast TAP) which showed lesions in my spine (L and T). So my consultant referred me for a bone scan. This has come back showing 'no active disease'.

I was so shocked by the resultsand the consultants sudden change from no chemo and RT, to all back on the table? I didn't get the chance to ask what does this mean?

Do I have metastasis? Or can it be something else?

Have you ever heard of this before?