Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus and Monoclonal Antibodies

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Coronavirus and Monoclonal Antibodies

Hi Annecu59

Thanks for posting.

It’s understandable you would like to know if you’re in a ‘high risk’ group for contracting corona virus.

Compared with chemotherapy drugs, monoclonal antibodies tend to have fewer serious side effects.

However they can still cause problems in some people. 

Because of this, it would be best to contact your hospital team to check your individual risk.

At Breast Cancer Now, we offer a variety of services to support you. At present, we have suspended ‘face to face’ services. However, you may find our ‘Live Chat’ sessions, for anyone with a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer, helpful.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Coronavirus and Monoclonal Antibodies

I am currently receiving treatment for secondary breast cancer in the form of monoclonal antibodies - not chemo. I am generally well and have no evidence of active disease. Am I in the 'at risk' group with regards to Coronavirus? I am 60 years old and wondering if I should be staying at home or not. I have an elderly mother of 85 who is well but I think she should stay in and I can help her with shopping etc.  Thanks