cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling anxious and worried

1 REPLY 1

Re: Feeling anxious and worried

Hi brooklynn

Thanks for posting here.  This sounds like a really anxious time for you and it’s understandable you’re very worried about the lump getting bigger whilst you are waiting for treatment to start.

It’s never possible to say whether waiting a little longer will make any difference to the outcome of your treatment, but being able to see and feel the lump getting bigger naturally affects your emotional wellbeing and ability to cope.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to let your treatment team know that the lump has increased in size.  You could contact a breast care nurse if you have met one, to talk over your concerns, or your consultant or oncologist via their secretaries to let them know.  They can then offer their advice and reassure you.  It may also be possible to bring your oncology appointment forward if necessary.

It can often help to talk to someone at times of worry like this, so do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through more or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Please be aware that we will be closed on Saturday 18 May for training purposes. 

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Feeling anxious and worried

Hi

I found a lump on my neck after visiting my GP I was sent to ENT department and after various scans and biopsies took  4 weeks at that department I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have tumour in breast, lymph nodes in armpit and neck. , I was advised that the lump in my neck is un-operable at the moment so have to have chemo 1st to reduce lump. I am now in week 6 of finding the lump and it is getting bigger and wont be having my 1st oncology appointment till week 7 and then I assume treatment after that poss week 8 or 9. I am so worried that it is taking to long and the lump is getting bigger. Im not even sure if this is primary or secondary