Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fourth Vaccination

5 REPLIES 5
Nurse_BCN

Re: Fourth Vaccination

Hi Woodsbonsai

Thanks for posting asking about a fourth dose of the covid vaccine.

Although Jaybro says that the recommendations have changed, it is not yet known whether those who are classed as extremely clinically vulnerable and have been offered a third dose will be offered. a booster (fourth vaccine) at a later date. If a booster is recommended for this group, anyone who is eligible would be notified by their treatment team or GP.

You mention that you have had two full doses and a booster, as Pollyann mentions, it may be helpful to find out from your GP if you had a third dose or a booster dose.

Cancer Research UK have information on Covid-19 vaccines and cancer which is updated regularly.   

Do contact your treatment team for further guidance on your individual situation. 

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Please be aware that we will close at 12.30pm on Friday 24 December and be open again from 9am on Wednesday 29 December. We will close again at 12.30pm on Friday 31 December, and open again from Tuesday 4 January 2022

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Pollyann

Hope you get some answers! 😊

Jaybro

Hi

Just adding that recommendation has now changed and you’re entitled to your booster (4th jab) 3 months after your 3rd primary vaccination. The government website will allow you to book online after 2 months but the appointment will be for 4 weeks ahead ie 3 months xx

Woodsbonsai

thanks Pollyann, I’ll give me GP a call tomorrow and see what they say.  They don’t make it easy do they? 

Pollyann

Hello Woodsbonsai

I’m new to posting on this forum but thought I’d reply as I spent a lot of time trying to find answers from medical professionals around covid jabs myself.  

From what I have found out, if you are classified as immunosuppressed around the time of your first and second doses of the vaccine, then you are entitled to a third dose and then a further booster 3-6 months later. So, 4 jabs in total. If you’ve had an astrazeneca or Pfizer booster and I think for Moderna too) the dose of vaccine is exactly the same as the first/second jabs, it’s just that they call it a third primary dose if your immune system is suppressed. 

Your GP needs to make sure that the third dose you have is on your records as a third primary jab rather than a booster. That means that they will know to contact you when it’s time for your 4th jab/booster.  

Hope that makes sense! Just to caveat that this is the info I got and I would expect it to be right, but who knows?!?   When I first rang my doctor’s surgery and oncology unit they had no knowledge of this at all, and it wasn’t until several phone calls with the local health federation that I managed to get some answers! 

Woodsbonsai

Fourth Vaccination

I've recently seen some press information about people with suppressed immune systems having a 4th dose of vaccine i.e. 3 full doses and one booster.  I have secondary breast cancer and I'm on Palbociclib and classed as clinically extremely vulnerable.  So far I've had two full doses and one booster.  Do you know if I should be getting another dose?  It's all very confusing and worrying.   Thank you.