Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jaw Bone

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Jaw Bone

Hello wendyn36  

Thanks for posting.  

It's understandable you want some idea as to what will happen as your cancer progresses and how well your pain can be managed.   

Although the bone is one of the organs breast cancer can spread to, it's rare for it to spread to the jawbone, as your oncologist has said. In more uncommon situations it can be difficult to get answers.  

As the cancer progresses it doesn’t necessarily mean this will be in the jaw area or the pain will get worse. Hopefully the combination of pain relief you are now on is helping and it's good to read you are coping well with the palbociclib and letrozole.  

Your team at the hospice will continue to work with you to manage the pain and any other symptoms you may have so, the pain should not 't win as you say. but this is a natural worry to have. There are different ways to manage pain so your pain should continue to be managed, if it were to get worse.  

It's good to see you have the support from dietician and speech therapist as well.  

I wonder if you are aware of our services for women living with secondary breast cancer. Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.                                                                                                                                            The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.   

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

Best wishes   

Jane  

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

wendyn36

Jaw Bone

I was diagnosed with secondary in my jaw bone & T2 in spine last November , symptom of numb lip & chin started about February had loads mri , ct scans &  biopsy’s . My previous was 2006 lumpectomy , mastectomy , 6 months chemo ,radiotherapy . I was left with sensory motor chronic neuropathy . Hospice have had to take me off all

medication for neuropathy to give me pain relief for my jaw -fentanyl patches , morphine liquid & capsules , nefopam , & lot more . I’m on palbociclib & letrozole & coping well with them . Finding what I can & can’t eat is hard , i av dietician & speech therapist . Max team showed on xray where the cancer has caused hole in corner of jaw & further a long a bigger area. I’m sorry iv gone on abit , my main worry is what will happen to my jaw as the cancer progresses will the pain win ? Iv asked oncologist etc I was told it’s rare for breast cancer to spread to jaw bone so it’s the unknown , even at hospice I was told that . Many thanks x