cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lung mets

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lung mets

Hi Biker

Thanks for posting. It’s understandable you’re feeling shocked and disappointed to hear that one lung met has grown in size, particularly as your scan in February had shown a significant reduction.

Different treatments are used for secondary breast cancer and do need to be changed to help keep the cancer under control. However, this understandably leads to feelings of anxiety and uncertainty about whether a different treatment will be effective.

I wonder what support you have at the moment.  Here at Breast Cancer Care we provide a number of different services for people living with secondary breast cancer aimed at providing both information and support.

We have a secondary breast cancer area here on the  discussion forum for sharing information and support.  There is also a weekly Live chat session which runs on Tuesdays at 8.30-9.30pm. 

Both services allow people to talk over their experiences and offer support to each other. 

Our face to face Living with Secondary Breast Cancer monthly sessions also give you the chance to meet and share experiences with other people who understand what you’re going through because they’re going through it too.

In a safe and relaxed environment, our regular sessions provide information about all aspects of living with the disease, as well as the chance to meet and talk openly with other people with the same diagnosis.

As well as this support, some people, particularly if they are feeling really anxious benefit from having talking therapy. I’m unsure whether you managed to speak to your breast care nurse but this is something you could ask her or your GP about.

We often find we can help people more if we talk to them so you’re welcome to give us a call on our free confidential Helpline to talk this through. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Saturday 18 May for training purposes. 

Best wishes

Val

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: Lung mets

Hi Biker

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today, and from 9am tomorrow if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Lung mets

I currently have her2 pos  bc with some lung mets. Was on paxitaxol and herceptin, Feb had a scan which they said had a significant reduction , last week had another follow up scan and one lung met had grown twice the size 9mm to 18mm. So disappointed and shocked, everything else seemed ok. Going on kadcycla next week.  Concerned that it will not be able to be reduced my anxiety very bad. I phoned bc nurse but feel stupid for being so worried.