Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lung mets

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Lung mets

Hello Clare

Thanks for posting. This sounds like a difficult time waiting to find out if your mum has secondary cancer in the lung.

We’re not aware of benign lung conditions that could appear in this way but you may want to contact the British Lung Foundation.

I wonder if your mum has been in touch with her treatment team at the hospital. It would be a good idea to let them know her symptoms and the further investigations she has been referred for.

Waiting for tests and tests results can be a worrying time. It might help to chat this through with one of us here. Do call our Helpline  Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane  

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

ClareSim32

Lung mets

Hi,

My mum was diagnosed in July 2020 with Tnbc. She completed treatment in April 2021, so 7 months ago.

About 2 months ago she started with a dry cough, but a week later turned into a chesty cough. She then developed pain when taking deep breaths. After visiting the gp, she was prescribed antibiotics and sent for an X-ray. The gp received the X-ray results and said she suspect pleurisy, gave my mum more antibiotics and reschuled another X-ray for in 4 weeks time.

Today the doctor called and said that there was a “dense area” on the X-ray, that had grown in size since her previous x-Ray 4 weeks ago and that it isn’t an infection. She has been referred for further investigations.

The way the doctor was talking on the phone, came across as a dead cert that she is convinced it is secondary cancer and we aren’t holding out much hope, but I was just wondering if there are any benign conditions that could cause something to grow within 4 weeks?

Thanks,

Clare