New to secondary bone cancer - Peaks or any others new

Hi 

I just thought it might be helpful to know that there is a lady in our facilitated chat room who has lived with secondary cancer for 19 years, and I think hers is primarily bone.

It takes a while to get one’s head from “I’m going to die from this” to “I’m going to live with this”, but secondary BC is now referred to as a Chronic Condition… 

All our journeys are individual and different, but that transitional time seems common to us. Be gentle with yourselves…

Jane

That’s wonderful ! Could you post this in the secondary section too ? forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Living-with-secondary-breast/ct-p/secondary_breast_cancer

Hi CanonJane 

Thanks for posting in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum. 

Being told you have secondary breast cancer can be completely overwhelming.  It can be hard to know what to think, where to turn to for support, and even harder to find anyone who really understands what it feels like to live with the diagnosis.  

At times like this, some people find it helpful to talk with others who are going through a similar experience and it can be helpful for you to share when you hear of someone doing so well in a group, as it gives hope for the future to other members. So as Jill1998 mentions, it would be worth you sharing your post with others here on the Forum too forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Living-with-secondary-breast/ct-p/secondary_breast_cancer  

Anyone newly diagnosed may find our recently updated Secondary breast cancer information pack helpful to read. 

It sounds like you already access our services for those with a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer – but anyone can find out more about our face to face and online groups here. There is also a weekly Live chat session which runs on Tuesdays at 8.30-9.30pm.   

Do remember that our helpline team are here for anyone diagnosed with secondary breast cancer too. They have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and/or signpost you to more support and/or information.  

Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.**  

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.   

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

We are currently evaluating this service. If you would like to feedback, please click below to the survey. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.   

https://app.impactreporting.co.uk/surveys/M5ln4Y/r  

Best wishes  

Catherine   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Oh dear,  I didn’t realise I was in thr nurses bit, I meant the post to be generally available! Sorry