Palbocyclib and letrozole

Hi ladies

i have been taking this treatment for about 18 months- and have been ok until now.

But my appetite seems to have disappeared with the result that i am eating very little and I am losing weight. I also have an upset tummy.

I was in hospital recently with dehydration due to diarrhoea.

Currently the oncology has stopped the cancer meds. 
Is this usual?
Do you think that they will restart it or maybe lower the dosage?

I await your response

Hi Lambin 

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our helpline is open from 9am tomorrow if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Service Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Hi Lambin

Thank you for posting your question.

Diarrhoea is a common side effect from Palbociclib.

When you have a number of side effects it’s not unusual for your treatment team to stop your medications for a while so they can monitor you to check that the side effects you’ve described improve. They will then make a plan with you for what to do next. Although we can’t say what they will recommend, it is possible to have Palbociclib at a reduced dose. Your treatment team will be able to let you know if this is right for you.

If you haven’t done so already, it’s important to let your treatment team know about the loss of appetite and weight you are experiencing.  If you have one, you may want to talk to your breast care nurse about how you are feeling.

At times like this, some people find it helpful to talk with others who are going through a similar experience. We have a secondary breast cancer online discussion forum including a private chat group for sharing information and support. There is also a weekly Live chat session which runs on Tuesdays at 8.30-9.30pm.

We also provide a number of different services for people living with secondary breast cancer aimed at providing both information and support through our Living with Secondary Breast Cancer Online programme and virtual meetings. Our face to face Living with Secondary Breast Cancer monthly meet up groups also give you the chance to meet and share experiences with other people who understand what you’re going through because they’re going through it too.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.**

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Cassie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.