Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleepless nights

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Sleepless nights

Hi Lambin

Thanks for posting asking about when the best time is to take your palbociclib.

Palbociclib can be taken at any time of day, although it’s recommended to be taken at the same time daily.

Like any drug, palbociclib can cause side effects. Everyone reacts differently to drugs and some people have more side effects than others. 

You mention that you are also taking letrozole alongside Palbociclib which may also be causing your symptoms.

It’s not possible for us to recommend when would be the best time to take your medication in your situation. But it is important to let your breast care nurse or treatment team know about your symptoms, as they may be able to offer ways to manage your side effects such as anti-sickness medication.

You may find it helpful to read our information for people struggling to sleep or be interested to watch our Instagram Live session talking about sleep.

We provide a number of different services for people living with secondary breast cancer aimed at providing both information and support.

Our helpline team are here for anyone diagnosed with secondary breast cancer. They have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information.

At times like this, some people find it helpful to talk with others who are going through a similar experience.  We have a secondary breast cancer online discussion forum for sharing information and support. There is also a weekly Live chat session which runs on Tuesdays at 8.30-9.30pm.  Both services allow people to talk over their experiences and offer support to each other. You may be able to chat to others about their experiences of taking palbociclib and letrozole via either of these services. We also have developed our Living with Secondary Breast Cancer Online programme and virtual meetings.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Lambin

Sleepless nights

I am on Palbocyclib and Letrozole for secondaries.

but I am having sleepless nights when I take the Palbo at night

and nausea when I take it in the morning.

please can you advise when is the best time to take it.