Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment whilst on antibiotics

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Treatment whilst on antibiotics

Hi Polar_1

Thanks for posting.

We are only able to reply to Forum posts during the week so apologies if you have already been to the hospital as understand your treatment is due today.

If not, it might help to know that generally speaking being on antibiotics alone may not necessarily mean treatment can’t be given. If someone is unwell because of infection or their blood counts are too low then treatment will be delayed because of this. If someone has recovered, feels well and counts are all fine then the doctors may decide to proceed even if the course of antibiotics is not complete.

However, some antibiotics do interact with other medications so it’s always important to let you treatment team know if you have been started on anything by your GP (and vice versa).

You may be interested in the range of information and support we have for people living with secondary breast cancer.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 25 May due to the bank holiday.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Treatment whilst on antibiotics

I am on day 3 of 7 taking antibiotics (Clarithromycin) for a painful sinus infection.

My next treatment is due on Monday. It is Abemaciclib and Fulvestrant for liver and bone mets.

Will I be able to go ahead with treatment providing my bloods are OK or is it not given when someone is on antibiotics?