Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast tissue

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Breast tissue

Hi Summer5

Thanks for posting.

You’re certainly not overreacting, it’s understandable to worry when you have new breast symptoms.

Breast changes can happen for many reasons. They may be part of normal development, hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle (period) or due to benign conditions (not cancer).

Although it is not possible to say what may be causing the symptoms you mention, as you have noticed these changes, you should contact your GP to have your symptoms checked.

It is likely that due to the coronavirus pandemic you will be offered a telephone appointment.  Your GP will assess your symptoms and decide if you need to be seen.  You shouldn’t have to pay for a private consultation to have your symptoms assessed.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Breast tissue

Hi, I have been worrying about symptoms for a few months.. 5 months ago my nipples were swollen with a rash, they swole that much the the skin split open. I was treated with a cream and 2 antibiotics, these symptoms have now gone away.

However, I also have a very slight dimple on the side of my breast, I think I feel thickening in the beast and see a slight dip and discolouring on the front of the breast. There is a small red rash between my breasts also.. Because the signs are not anything dramatic like you see on Google I think I might be overreacting.. A private appointment is at least £600, don't want to spend that much if I am overreacting🙈  I am 41 and have no history of breast cancer in my family.