cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast trauma

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Breast trauma

Hello Ana12

Thanks for your post. As Jill1998  says, the breast pain you are experiencing now could be related to the trauma you experienced several months ago.

Whilst Having breast pain doesn’t increase your risk of breast cancer we encourage everyone to be breast aware. Being breast aware means getting to know what your breasts look and feel like normally (for you). It’s good to hear that you are seeing your GP to have the pain checked.

You may be interested in our mini guide, Taking care of your breasts. This pocket sized picture leaflet describes a number of breast changes to look and feel for; a change could be anything that is not usual for you.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Ana, I'm so sorry to hear about your breast trauma. Many years ago I was kicked very hard in the breast by a man who attacked me. It was painful for a long time afterwards but did no lasting damage. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019 (not connected to the previous trauma) and it wasn't painful. However, I agree with others here who are advising you to see a gp. Please make an appointment so your breast can be examined (at the very least a doctor can put your mind at rest)

Take care xx

I can sympathise but my cancer didn’t cause any pain so not sure it is an indication of cancer. You could phone the nurses there is a number on here. They are available from 9 tomorrow morning 

sending hugs. 

Community Champion

Ana ,if you have had an injury prior to getting pain in your breast it's very likely this is at the route of your pain rather than cancer but please get it checked out that's the only way you can put your mind at rest .

When I am busy for too long I can even just cry from the pain. 

Hi no I have not seen a doctor yet but gonna next week but the anxiety is horrible. So scared it is c the pain is horrible from a punch 14 months ago.. And 29years old. 

Ana, I feel for you. have you seen a doctor? Or maybe you could contact the nurses on this forum

Been getting the pain on and off and now like everyday when I do things then got a sharp pain in my left breast from being punched hard 14 months ago. The pain is so sore that I even sweat and feel hot. 

Feeling so scared. Can anybody help? 

Breast trauma

Hi 14 months ago I was punched very hard in my left breast. And I am so scared been getting horrible pains in that spot that go to my back it feels like it also.