Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown mark on breast

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Brown mark on breast

Hi Twinkle84

Thanks for posting.

It’s natural to wonder if you should be concerned when you notice a change on your breast.

Although it’s not possible to say what may be causing the changes that you mention, it’s always good to check them out with your GP.  Breast changes can happen for many reasons. The pain you are noticing may  be due to hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle (period) or due to benign conditions (not cancer). However, the brown mark on your breast could be caused by a skin condition. 

If you haven’t heard back already, as Cabransa suggests it may be worth contacting your GP again.  It is likely you will be offered a telephone appointment in the first instance.

You may find our booklet Know your breasts: a guide to breast awareness and screening helpful to look at.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Hi, 

Thank you for replying. I am going to phone the doctor again on Tuesday and hope that he has time to give me a call back. 

Highlighted

Hi

it’s a very difficult time at the moment to have a new breast worry, but I would take the mark seriously and get it checked. Keep phoning your GP until you get an appointment or call back because, if you need a breast clinic referral, that may take up to two weeks.

Never leave anything like this unchecked. Good luck and hopefully it will turn out to be nothing.

Highlighted

Brown mark on breast

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is anything to worry about or not but I discovered a brown mark on my breast at the beginning of the year. The surface area has grown a little and has changed colour to a light brown. It feels a bit raised off the skin. It doesn’t hurt but I have been getting a sharp shooting/pulling pain from my nipple sometimes. The breast with the mark on often feels a bit tender to touch, not just when it’s my menstruation cycle.  
I phoned my Dr on Thursday but I am still waiting for his call back. 
Should I be worried?