Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every time I google it says breast cancer! :(

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Every time I google it says breast cancer! :(

Hi Jade
Thanks for posting.

It’s natural to worry when you notice changes in your breasts.

Breast changes can happen for many reasons. They may be part of normal development, hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle (period) or due to benign conditions (not cancer). You’ll probably find your breasts change quite a bit throughout your life. During and after pregnancy, breast tissue will undergo a lot of change and cause the changes that you describe .

Breast cancer is uncommon in women in their 20s and 30s so the changes you have noticed are more likely to be because of one of the reasons mentioned above rather than cancer.

This information about what breasts might look and feel like may be helpful to read. For more details see our booklet Know your breasts: a guide to breast awareness and screening.

As you are worried, it would be a good idea to contact your GP for further advice.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Every time I google it says breast cancer! :(

Jade you are doing the right thing by always getting any changes to your breasts checked out by doctor, don’t ever be fobbed off because of your age. Keep away from dr google and do ring the number on here and speak to a nurse too. Remember till a professional tells you, you do not have bc. Please try and hold onto that till you can see your doctor or get referral and do please use the number on here they will be able to discuss with you ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Every time I google it says breast cancer! :(

Hi Everyone!

I’m wondering if anybody can help me at all! My story starts in 2017 after I had my first child, I noticed my breasts had sunken in, like literally they looked like they had a hole in them just behind my nipple. I panicked and went to see my GP who referred me for a mammogram as I was only 21 I have never had any checks. All came back clear and it was put down to hormonal changes after pregnancy, I then got over how they looked and in 2019 I fell pregnant again, I have now gave birth again 6 months ago and my boobs which were once full (with milk I presume) have gone back to having a large indentation, larger than the first. If you was to poke my nipple you would feel there is no tissue at all behind it, it is sort of like a large hole! I am worried again about my breasts as I am sure this isn’t normal, but maybe it is? I am 24 now I really have no experience with this and I’m not even sure if it’s a normal post pregnancy change as anyone I have spoken to about it can’t relate. I am wondering if anyone has had experience of anything similar to reassure me? Due to the current Covid 19 situation I can’t get an appointment with my GP although I am going to call them tomorrow as it seems to be getting worse and worse so for peace of mind I would like to get re checked. I don’t feel any lumps just a large indentation! Every time I google the only response I get is breast cancer so my anxiety is now through the roof. 

Thanks! 

Jade xx