cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBC worry

1 REPLY 1

Re: IBC worry

Hi mogsplus4

Thanks for your post where you say you have noticed a rash on your left breast for the last month.

It’s difficult for us to say what the rash is due to but most breast changes are likely to be due to benign (not cancer) conditions rather than being a sign of breast cancer.

Being breast aware means getting to know how your breasts look and feel so you know what’s normal for you. As you have noticed this rash it would be a good idea to make an appointment with your GP to have it checked. When your GP examines your breasts they may feel there is no need for further investigation or they may refer you to a breast clinic for further tests.

You may be interested in our mini guide, Taking care of your breasts. This pocket sized picture leaflet describes a number of breast changes to look and feel for.

For more details see our booklet Know your breasts: a guide to breast awareness and screening.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Anne

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

IBC worry

I’m looking for some advice. I’m 32 with

four young children. I have noticed a small red

rash on my left breast. It’s been there for about a month and presents itself almost looking like eczema, it’s slightly raised and the skin is thicker and rough (only on the rash). 
I’m worrying it could be a sign of IBC or am I being irrational? 
Help, thank you