Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itchy nipple, dry skin on nipple.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Itchy nipple, dry skin on nipple.

Hi Kj1990

Thanks for your post here in the Ask Our Nurses area about changes you have noticed in your right nipple over the last eight months.

It’s difficult for us to say for certain what is causing the itching burning sensation you are experiencing. These types of symptoms can be caused by detergents or personal care products. When they mentioned the possibility of reaction or irritation at your last appointment, I wonder if they suggested that you try changing the product you wash with and also maybe the product you wash your bra in.

You don’t specifically say how old you are, but as they said to you at your previous clinic appointment Pagets disease is a rare form of breast cancer that tends to occur in older women.

However, as your GP thinks she has found a second lump it’s good to hear that you have an appointment for this to be checked. You will be able to ask advice about the irritation and nipple changes when you visit the breast clinic too. Do tell them how much it’s bothering you and ask them for suggestions for treating it.

If you would like to talk this through or have any further questions do call our free, confidential Helpline. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Anne

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Itchy nipple, dry skin on nipple.

Hi kj1990

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open from 9am tomorrow if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Highlighted

Itchy nipple, dry skin on nipple.

Hi i had an appointment at the breast clinic about 6 months ago as I had a lump on my right breast it was confirmed as fibromyalgia, At the time I told the doctor about problems I'm also having with my right nipple itching burning sensation dry flaky nipple etc to be told it could be pagets disease but your too young so it will be a reaction or irritation to something. 8 months on and it's still the same on a daily basis but I've noticed the shape to my nipple seems to have changed also. I went back to gp who said she thinks she can feel a second lump so has referred me bsck to breast clinic anyone else suffered with this ?