Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just super nervous

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Just super nervous

Hi ZippyC

Thanks for posting.

It’s natural to be worried while you wait for investigations of a new breast change. However, breast changes including a breast lump can happen for many reasons. They may be due to hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle (period) or due to benign conditions (not cancer). You’ll probably find your breasts change quite a bit throughout your life.

Getting breast cancer in your teens is very rare. so the changes you have noticed are much more likely to be because of one of the reasons mentioned above rather than cancer.  This may be why your doctor has arranged for you to have a sonogram, which in the UK is usually referred to as an ultrasound.

Because treatments and healthcare services vary so much in different countries, the information and terms we use are specific to what is happens in the UK.  In the UK an ultrasound is one of the tests that may be done when a woman is referred for investigations of a breast symptom.  Your doctor or the person doing the ultrasound will be able to tell you when to expect your results.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

ZippyC

Just super nervous

I’m 19 and I recently found a lump in my breast,right at the top , the only reason I checked was because I had a rash under my breast which has cleared up and I’m convinced that was due to sweat, but the lump is still there and there is discoloration right in the area the lump is . I also have been examining my breast and the same one right beneath the lump my breast tissue is almost nonexistent, when I press on the spot where there is little breast tissue it leaves and indent ,this doesn’t happen with my other breast , tomorrow I’m getting a sonogram to determine wether it is suspicious enough to be further investigated, has anyone else had a sonogram before receiving a diagnosis and if so how soon did you find out if it was breast cancer ,are we talking about the same day type accuracy or a couple days for the doctor to review it