Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump & bleed

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Lump & bleed

Dear Smudgie31

Thanks for posting.

It’s understandable to worry when you find a new lump, especially if you have had a previous diagnosis of breast cancer. Nearly everyone who has been treated for cancer worries about it coming back (recurrence) and you’re not alone in being anxious about this.

It’s not possible to say why you are experiencing vaginal bleeding and if this is due to tension and anxiety.

It’s reassuring to hear that you have been in touch with your GP and although Tuesday feels like a long way off, you shouldn’t need to attend A&E or access private health care unless your symptoms worsen in the meantime.

You ask about taking something for your anxiety. It may be worth contacting your GP surgery again today to discuss your anxiety and see if you could have an urgent appointment or if you could be prescribed something to help with your symptoms while you are waiting for your scan on 26th October. You could also speak to your local pharmacist to see if there is anything they can recommend.

There are organisations that can offer help and support. This includes Anxiety UK  and every mind matters NHS website. You can also call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Smudgie31

Lump & bleed

I had a mastectomy 5 years ago. I've Just found a new lump. I have a scan date of the 26th. However, l started vaginally bleeding yesterday. It's not heavy and dark in colour. Not sure if this is just tension related as of course l am suffering from high anxiety.

I've been in touch with my GP. Earliest appointment is Tuesday. Not sure if l should be trying to do anything further relating to this? Questions.

1. Is it likely to be tension? Not had a proper period for years?

2. Should l go to A&E?

3. What could the pharmacist give me to help reduce the anxiety?

4. Is it worth looking to private care? Been told this makes little difference.

Regards