Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nipple pain

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Nipple pain

Hi SooBee

Thanks for posting.

Adapting to life after treatment can be difficult and nearly everyone who has been treated for cancer worries about it coming back (recurrence) especially if they notice a new change.  You’re not alone in being anxious about this but it can be more worrying for people who struggle anyway with anxiety.

However, it’s natural to be worried about a new breast change and we would always suggest that you see a doctor to get this checked. Because of the current COVID-19 pandemic most GPs are doing telephone appointments in the first instance but can see patients and refer them to a breast clinic necessary. If you are still under follow up at the hospital you may prefer to contact your breast care nurse directly about this. She may be able to arrange an appointment for you to be seen by your treatment team for this to be assessed.

You can give us a ring here on our confidential Helpline to talk about this a bit more if you wish. It’s free (including from all mobile networks) and the number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Nipple pain

I had WLE & SNB followed by 15 radiotherapy sessions three years ago. I now take Anastrozole. About 9 months ago I had an infection in the same breast and had 2 lots of antibiotics. On and off since surgery I have felt discomfort in my arm pit generally when I’m not well with something else!

in the last few days my nipple area has become quite painful and doesn’t look normal.

Should I try to seek local advice or am I panicking too soon? I do struggle with anxiety!

Thank you