Ovary pain/twinges

Hi, 

I was just wondering if anyone with a similar history to mine is having quite regular/sometimes constant ovary pain/twinges? 

I was diagnosed in Feb 2021. Stage 3, ER8, PR8 and HER2+ Tumour and Lymph’s 

Chemo/herceptin Feb - September 2021. Surgery in Oct, 3 weeks radiotherapy then started chemo again Feb 2022 with last one due to be 9th Dec.

I am on monthly zoladex injections and daily exemestane and havent had a period since Feb last year.  

I have had the odd twinge before but I thought it was in my head but the last few weeks it’s so much more regular and I can’t find anything that it could be except ovarian cancer on Dr Google!

thanks in advance

Hi Vickylove

Thanks for posting.  

It’s understandable that you may worry when you notice new symptoms and to google and think the worst, especially following a diagnosis of cancer.  

It’s difficult for us to say what may be causing the pain and twinges you are experiencing.  You mention that you are having Zoladex injections and taking exemestane, although not listed in our information,  a rare side effect of Zoladex is abdominal pain.  

However, we would always suggest getting any symptoms that are new or persistent checked out.  You can contact your breast care nurse, treatment team or GP to let them know so that they can assess your symptoms and give you further advice.  

Adapting to life after treatment can be difficult and often the need for information and support continues. You may be interested in our resources that are particularly for those who have come to the end of their main hospital treatment. These are known as our Moving forward services and include our  Moving Forward booklet and  Moving Forward courses.   

The courses are open to people who have had a primary breast cancer diagnosis and have finished their hospital-based treatment within the last two years.   

We offer a range of other free supportive services which you may also be interested in. 

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form . Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.    

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes  

Louise   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.