Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in my breast

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Pain in my breast

Hello saz2345

Thanks for posting.

It’s not clear from your post if the symptoms you are experiencing are in the treated breast or the opposite side.

After surgery and radiotherapy for breast cancer it’s not unusual to experience a range of different sensations in the breast and chest area. These can be lingering effects of treatment of develop later as the breast tissue heals and settles down.

We do suggest that any new or persistent symptoms (whether these are in the treated breast or the other side) are checked out. As you have only recently finished treatment, I imagine you are still under the care of your hospital team or have open access. If so, you can give your breast care nurse a ring. If not make an appointment to see your GP to talk this through.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

You may also be interested in the range of other free services we offer.

Best wishes

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Pain in my breast

Hi Saz, saw this yesterday and hoped one of the nurses would have got back to you by now. My layman’s advice would be to get on the phone ASAP . You need it checking out, and probably a dose of antibiotics. I’ve been there, and it’s not nice. X

Highlighted

Pain in my breast

Hi.

a little bit worried, I had surgery July last year, finished my treatment in November. The last couple of weeks I have had a lot of pain in my right breast, yesterday I notice a discharge from my nipple.

do I need to see someone? Thanks x