Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible local reaccurence breast cancer

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Possible local reaccurence breast cancer

Hello Lindsey.D.in.MN

Thanks for posting. This sounds like a very difficult time.

Developing a new symptom understandably causes anxiety. Also, significant anniversaries can trigger a range of different emotions.

Pain, altered sensation and skin changes can occur following radiotherapy  but as you say it’s important to know for sure what’s causing this.

It may be helpful to contact your breast care nurse, if you have one. The breast care nurse is your key contact.

If you find you cannot get the help you need with this, it might help to know how to raise your concerns and have them addressed. The process for this varies in the different countries of the UK. Do click on the relevant country for more information.

It might help to call us to talk this through. We often find we can help people more by speaking to them on the phone. It’s also an opportunity to express worries and anxieties. And we can let  you more about the range of services we offer that might help you feel more supported

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Possible local reaccurence breast cancer

So I have been trying for 3 days to stay positive and try not to completely freak out but apparently my entire body is physically, mentally, and emotionally has now reached its maximum capacity!!!!!
Ok I'm going to try my best to not make this a super long ..........Any who, family history with breast cancer from both my mom and dad's side, positive for the BRCA 1 gene @ 35 yrs old decided on getting a total hysterectomy and ovaries removed and then every 6 months checks for my breasts, then @ 37 yrs old, 2 months after a cleared mammogram. I felt a lump and it was painful too. Saw my OB right away, had scans and biopsies done the next day. Was diagnosed with IDC, triple negative, grade 3 breast cancer in  RT breast and 3 lymphnodes on RT side also n may 15, 2019. Finished chemo, then double mastectomy surgery, and then radiation treatments. My last radiation  treatment was about 6 weeks ago. For the last 3 days I've had new continuous pain in the rt breast area, also its located right where my mastectomy scar is and all around that area, then sometimes I get this intermittent pain that feels like a pulling type of pain that really hurts. Also the skin in the same area feels firmer and thick there. with literally no breast tissue or any kind of tissue at all left.

...So on...day 3 called Oncologist office right away in the morning to leave a message for the triage nurse to call me asap because of new symptoms and new pain i have been experiencing...the nurse called in the afternoon, and said she spoke with my doctor and she thinks the pain could be from radiation and that i need to be calling the radiation doc/nurse and explain my symptoms to them. Um its already 3 pm on a Friday whichs happens to fall on a holiday weekend too. Well ...so YES.. of course I did not get a call back from the radiation office. NOW its Saturday, a holiday weekend and not one person i talked to yesterday...said to me, that the new pain and symptoms I'm experiencing right now, ARE or ARE NOT something to worry about??? So now I'm freaking out that I am having a local reaccurence of breast cancer, BUT none of my Oncologist team people and radiation people, didn't even care and completely **bleep** blew me off to other doctors AND all of them ignored concerning symptoms about their own current breast cancer patient...oh also to add to my anxiety, its one year later from the first day i was diagnosed.  PLEASE HELP