Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side effects of radiotherapy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Side effects of radiotherapy

Hi babs68

Thanks for this post.  As you’ve also asked your question in the Questions about signs and symptoms section too we’ve posted our reply there.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Side effects of radiotherapy

Hi I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in February when I went for my first routine mammogram at the age of 51. I didn’t have any symptoms or lump I was quite fit so this was a huge shock! I had a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy on 25 Feb. I am now on tamoxifen and finished radiotherapy 2 weeks ago, the radiotherapy was delayed because of Covid and this made me feel very vulnerable and I had a few wobbles. 

I am now totally exhausted and run down . I have just finished antibiotics for a water infection and I am now on antibiotics for tooth ache. My breast is sore and I have no energy to do anything, I started to feel active again after surgery post 6 weeks but now I feel so exhausted. So my question is “will this pass and are these normal symptoms of radiotherapy ?”

many thanks x