Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So scared

1 REPLY 1

Re: So scared

Hi Mich_R

Thanks for posting.

It’s natural to feel worried and scared if you’ve found a new breast lump and being referred to the breast clinic. People often say that waiting for an appointment is particularly difficult and I appreciate this may be slightly delayed due to your holiday.

GPs follow guidance when deciding whether or not to refer you to a breast clinic. The guidance outlines how quickly a person should be seen depending on their symptoms. Urgent referrals tend to be seen at the breast clinic within two weeks.

You aren’t being daft for wanting to contact your GP again to discuss your concern. Sometimes appointments at the breast clinic may be issued within days of the referral and you may be given one while you are on holiday. The GP may acknowledge the date of your holiday in the referral letter to the breast clinic so you get a date when you have returned from your holiday.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Best wishes

Grete

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

So scared

Hi, so 2 weeks ago I found a lump on my left breast (I must advise I do suffer with lumps and pain having got hydratunnitus) however this lump just feels different.

I visited my GP last Tueaday who said she could feel anything (although didn't do a good examination really). Anyway she said she will refer me to breast clinic as I can feel it. However I go on holiday this week so she told me she was unable to put a referral through until I'm back due to the 2 week timescale so wants to see me again on the 21st and then refer me. I'm getting myself all worked up now as by the time she refers me and an appointment come through it will then be 6 weeks ish from finding the lump.

I'm debating contacting my gp again today and ask for another opinion, was hoping if they will refer me today then the appointment will be through for the week I'm home from holiday. Am I been daft asking for this to be done or should I wait it out another 4 weeks.