cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sore right chest and breast

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sore right chest and breast

Hi Lg1998

Having painful, sore or tender breasts can cause a lot of anxiety. Breast pain is very common in women of all ages. There are different types of breast pain, and these are explained in our information.

Breast pain can be treated; however it’s important to find out what the cause is. It can be useful to keep a pain chart to see if there’s any pattern to your pain and you will find a pain chart in our breast pain booklet pages 12-13.

It’s good that you’ve been to see your GP. It’s natural to feel anxious, GPs follow guidance when deciding how quickly a person should be seen depending on their symptoms.

Find out more about the guidance for England and Wales and Scotland.

If you have any queries about the waiting time for your appointment, talk to your GP.

Having to wait for the appointment to come through from the breast clinic can be a worrying time. Most people who are referred to the breast clinic have a benign (not cancer) breast problem.

You may also like to read our booklet about breast awareness.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Kind regards

Marretje

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Sore right chest and breast

Hi,

since around the end of April, start of may I started to get a sharp pain in my right breast it came and went and didnt happen often and it still doesnt happen often but it started to worry me a little. As well as this I have a sore chest wall, and a burning feeling on my chest and sort of going to under my armpit? And sometimes I get a sore to touch right breast and other times it is fine to touch, or there can be some pain when I move without a bra on, but with a bra on it's fine. have been to the gp 3 times now, one said infection , one said torn pectoral muscle and one finally referred me to the breast clinic,  but I have bee waiting for ever and my anxiety is through the roof.