Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upper breast and underarm pain

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Upper breast and underarm pain

Hi Clair

Thanks for posting.

There could be many reasons for the symptoms you describe. Although you are not aware of aggravating it, sometimes we can strain an area without realising. There may also be some very subtle changes to your breast oedema which are not obvious but affecting the breast tissue. It’s always a good idea to let your treatment team know about any new or persistent symptoms. They can then decide if they need to see you for any further assessment.

While you wait you could talk to your GP about some different pain relief .Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Upper breast and underarm pain

Hi Cla46,

As I'm sure you are aware there can be numerous causes of pain or discomfort in our bodies, many temporary, however the only way you'll know for sure is if you get it checked out as a precautionary measure. 

I suggest you contact your breast care nurse. You could also speak to your GP in tandem to see what they think could be causing the pain.

All the best,

Seabreeze (5 years post diagnosis doing ok)

Highlighted

Upper breast and underarm pain

Hello I wonder if you can just reassure me. I was diagnosed with dcis in 2016 I had surgery, 15 sessions of radiotherapy and have been on tamoxifen since Sept 2016. I also have breast oedema which I do have under control. Over the last week or so I’ve had some underarm pain and it’s spread to just above my nipple to my clavicle area, paracetamol isn’t relieving it and it’s very uncomfortable there’s no obvious swelling or rashes and I haven’t done anything out of the ordinary to aggravate it. I’m not sure if I should just wait it out and see if it improves or contact go or breast team ? Any advice would be really appreciated 

thank you Clair